Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Stay connected

FROM JIMMY AND LOCKIE SAILER
ESCAPEES CHAPTER DIRCTORS:

We wanted to reach out to each of you to let you know that you remain in our thoughts as most lives are touched in some manner by this current event sweeping the globe.  Regardless of theories that abound regarding COVID-19, it is definitely affecting everyone in one way or another.

There is plenty of less-than-pleasant news filling airwaves, tv screens and social media, and we would like to ask a favor of each of you and your membership.  Now is the time to be the calm amid crisis, and to share that with others.  Increasingly, we are witnessing comments that indicate that the mental health and outlook of many is understandably declining.  

As you hear or see anything that you believe that may be helpful to other RVers, whether it be an RV park that is accepting new arrivals, locations that are offering meals or supplies that are easily obtainable and not over-priced, healthcare, or just a "warm and fuzzy" story that will lift spirits, please share, and ask your members to share, those things on https://www.facebook.com/groups/escapeesrvclub/ .  A single, positive thought that may seem trivial to you, may be a tremendous lift to another that is struggling right now.

Again, please reach out and lift up each other with kind words and good news as you can.  

We appreciate each and every one of you and we're here for you through this.  And we WILL get through this.

Love and hugs to each of you,
Jimmy & Lockie Sailer
Chapter/BOF Directors
Escapees RV Club



Lets hear from a couple of members who checked in:

From Bret Pemberton: 
i am getting tired of this.  So what I do is go on u-tube and google different places I want to go and see in the RV when all of this is over and done with.  You all take care and remember  wash your hands.  Just so you know.  My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant that every time I pee it sterilizes the toilet.

From Mike Parker:
Greetings all

Marcy and I decided after the El Centro rally to return to Campland until this mess is over. We discovered Zoom on Get Togethers on Rvillage. They have a couple virtual meetups a week. We also have Duo and Facetime and have been using them with family and friends. We have set up a family Easter get together on Zoom. We are following RV Fit and Hasfit to keep up with our exercising. Marcy is thinking we should have bought the Tiffin bus we saw in Quartzsite. The 25 ft Airstream is great for traveling, not so much for "Stay home be safe" Hope to see you on next Fridays SS Happy Hour. 

Wash your hands and wear a mask.

From Mike Formico:
Mary and I decided since we need to be isolated, we would do it together. It has worked out well. Our 2 dogs ( Blue and Paddy) are getting along well. Who knew that Patty ( all of 7 pounds) would be the boss of Blue ( all of 45 pounds). We have been getting my RV ready to sell and Mary's trailer ready to travel . Someone hooked up the battery wrong so it has taken some time to correct everything. We go to Costco about once a week and then to the Dairy Queen for a cone. Its hard to believe that it has been a month already. I hope this blog finds everyone well and staying safe. As far as May and June, we are waiting to see what happens with this pandemic. I talked to Pechanga yesterday and the RV park is closed  until further notice. I think at some point, we should all have a toast to Lynn for all she is doing to keep our line of communication open. Everyone stay safe.

From Wayne Selden
Staying home is getting old. I already finished most of the small jobs that I put off for months. Watching TV is not an option as I don't watch TV much. Having said that, Lynn got me hooked on Hope Valley, which is produced by Hallmark. I ran out of books to read and walk around the house looking for something to fix. Working on the RV (in storage) is my time away from the house. Lynn convinced me to change the wallpaper border in the RV bathroom. What a job taking the old border wallpaper off !  If I knew what I was getting into I wouldn't have started. No more weekly car shows or motorcycle runs. They are grounded for now. Hard for an extrovert to stay home and walk around the house.

From Lynn Selden
In case you didn't hear about our Friday afternoon Happy Hour Zoom calls, here is the information you need.  Zoom is an online video meeting application. The application can be downloaded from the Apple App store or Android Play store to your smart phone. On a desktop computer enter zoom.us (or click this link). You do not need to "sign up/sign in" to enter into the group call. You click on "Join Meeting" and enter the Meeting ID number  887 148 883 or even easier CLICK ON THIS LINK. Using  a computer gives you a better expereince. In the upper right corner click on Gallery view to see everyone at the same time. HOPE TO SEE YOU....REALLY SEE YOU πŸ‘€....ON FRIDAY AT 4:00PM. BYOB 🍺🍷


ALSO HERE IS A LINK TO THE 2020 CHAPTER ROSTER. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE IT TO OUTSIDERS.

I challenge you to make at least one if not two calls to a fellow Chapter Member this week. Shoot a quick email to shantyshakers25@gmail.com and share how you are coping during this "stay home, stay safe" time! 


NO BREAKFAST MEETING IN APRIL !!!


Special note about Escapades cancellation and refund

The email you received about securing a refund is a legitimate one.  It comes from the secretary of the Escapees C.E.O. and the document to be completed is also valid.  Apparently that email was sent out to all those that had made reservations for Escapade more than 120 days prior, and Escapees does not retain any credit card information longer than that for security purposes.






No comments:

Post a Comment